Beef consumption killing people in Andhra Pradesh

Thursday, July 9th, 2020, 11:58:09 PM IST

Nearly 70 people in a village in Andhra Pradesh have been reported sick, after the consumption of cooked beef. Six of these people are now battling for their lives. This beef was cooked from a cow that went missing and was later discovered dead.

This incident took place on Wednesday night in Magatapalem village. The 70 people who have fallen sick are now being treated at the public health centre in the village, while the critically ill have been admitted to the Paderu district hospital.

One villager’s cow missing on Monday, after which it was found dead the next day. A few villagers consumed the flesh of the dead cow, and some stored it to eat it on the next day.

Food poisoning symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhoea were observed in many of the people who consumed the beef. Soon after, they were rushed to the hospital.